Fly Girl of the Week (FGOTW) is all about showcasing women who are from diverse backgrounds and who have unique interests to share. These are women who are strong, inspiring, creative, and of course FLY. The weekly segment is one of the most popular features on Fly and also one of my favorites. It's an opportunity for women to share their creative energy, life experiences and inspiration while connecting with thousands of global readers.
Here's how you can nominate yourself.
1. Nominee must be at least 18 years old
2. Nominee must have a creative background or creative interests
3. Nominee must be able to submit at least 2 pictures
4. Nominee must answer all the Fly Girl questions
Please answer the following questions. Keep them brief and note that submitted answers will be edited as necessary. Have fun with your responses, and be sure to promote your flyness. Include links to your blogs, design portfolios, online shops, personal projects, or organizations you feel passionate about. Let your personality shine :).
Who? name, age (it's up to you if you want to include your full name)
Where? where you live or where are you from
What? what do you do for a living or things you would like to do
What inspires you?
Why are you fly?
Advice you can give to other young women.
Send your pictures and responses to flygirlblog[at]aol[dot]com.
Please read the following information carefully:
1. The nominee will only be notified if and when her submission is selected and posted.
2. Please be sure to only nominate yourself. Fly will no longer accept third party nominations.
3. Please include your FGOTW responses within the body of your email (Word documents, PDFs, or Powerpoint files are unnecessary).
4. Fly Girl of the Week is an opportunity to showcase your talents and/or promote your business, therefore I recommend you submit really awesome photos of yourself. Here's how:
- Consider having someone take the picture for you or using a camera with a timer so you can have the flexibility to pose.
- Try not to use photos where other people are cut out of the photograph.
- Photos using natural light and indirect lighting tend to work best. (Consider taking your photos outside.)
- Also, be aware of your environment. Take photos in your studio, at your favorite cafe, or in a garden. Check out the previous FGOTW images above for a sense of the photographic quality Fly is looking for.
5. Please submit JPEGS of your photos, at least 500 pixels wide at 72 dpi.
Thanks so much and I look forward to receiving your FGOTW nominations.